LA JUNTA, CO
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:
• CRP Contract Management - Contact FSA or NRCS with questions. Producers have been notified of required completion dates.
• County Committee Meeting – Tuesday, September 26th @ 9:00
• October 1st – November 30th - Fiscal Year 2018 First CRP grazing period – Contract Management. FSA and NRCS approval required
• November 12th - Last date to remove hay bales from CRP (FSA prior approval required)
• November 15th - 2018 ACREAGE REPORTING DEADLINE - 2018 fall seeded crops, native grass, triticale and alfalfa crop reporting deadline.
• FARM LOAN Personnel in Kiowa County Service Center – October 10th
• CRP Continuous Signup - Lesser Prairie Chicken, CRP Grassland acres are available. Producers interested are urged to contact FSA Office.
Disclaimer: Information in this UPDATE is pertinent to Kiowa County FSA only. Producers reading this and that do not have FSA interest in Kiowa County are advised to contact their local FSA Office.
LA JUNTA, CO
Born and raised on a ranch south of Chivington in the remote high plains of Southeastern Colorado, Jimmy Brown says, as a boy, he was not so different from other kids in Kiowa County. “I came from a family with a good name,” he says. “I watched my dad work really hard. He raised four kids on eight hundred dollars a month—that’s not easy. He also taught me that an education is something no one can ever take away from you. And my grandfather taught me that, if you give your word to a man, you keep it even if it costs you the hide, the hair and everything else.’”