The Kiowa County Women Involved in Farm Economics (WIFE) Chapter #124 is offering an art work contest in honor of National Agriculture Day, March 21, 2017. The art work contest will be offered to any student in grades 3 through 8 in the Eads and Plainview School Districts. Home-schooled students are welcome to participate and can enter by contacting the main office of the listed school districts beginning immediately. Prizes for the top works of art will be awarded per grade in each school district. Kiowa County WIFE is working to help agriculture and our rural communities to survive and thrive. The art work contest will celebrate our way of life and the importance of agriculture in our rural communities. If you have any questions, please contact Phyllis Nelson, Kiowa County WIFE President, at 719-438-5682.
1. Contest open to all children in grades 3 through 8 residing in the Eads and Plainview School Districts. The art work shall depict the students’ perception of Agriculture.
2. Must be original work of each child. No outside help.
3. Name, age, grade, address, and phone number must be on the back of the entry.
4. Only one entry per child.
5. Entries must be submitted by April 10, 2017. Contact will be made with the schools if we need to extend the deadline for entries. No entries will be accepted after deadline.
6. Prizes will be awarded to the best three entries in each grade at each of the school districts. Decisions of the judges are final.
7. First Prize - $5.00; Second Prize - $3.00; Third Prize - $1.00
8. Winners will be notified within two weeks of the final judging.
9. Entries not submitted in accordance with the above rules will automatically be disqualified.
10. A suggestion has been made that all the ART WORK could be displayed at the Kiowa County Fair in September.