The Eads Medical Clinic strives to provide services that benefit our community. We would like to introduce a new program entitled Chronic Care Management, which will benefit our Medicare patients.
What is a Chronic Condition?
Chronic conditions are ongoing medical problems that must be managed effectively in a partnership between the health care team and the patient to maintain the best possible health. Examples include diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, high cholesterol, and others. According to The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), “an estimated 117 million adults have one or more chronic health conditions, and one in four adults have two or more chronic health conditions”. Many of these chronic conditions are preventable and with managed care, can be controlled. That is where Chronic Care Management (CCM) comes in! We can help to prevent some diseases, prevent complications in others, reduce unnecessary costs, and improve overall health.
What will Chronic Care Management mean for me?
Between doctor appointments, taking medications correctly, and following directions from several different providers, it all can be very overwhelming! Being enrolled in our Chronic Care Management (CCM) program can help. Your primary care provider and care team will carefully monitor and provide comprehensive care for your chronic health conditions in a systematic way to supplement regular office visit care.
• You will have 24/7 access to your primary care team
• You will have preventive care services scheduled, many of which are covered by Medicare
• Your medications will be closely monitored.
• You will receive a personalized, comprehensive plan of care for all of your health issues.
• Your care will be coordinated by your primary care provider and staff, including care you may receive at other locations, such as specialists’ offices, the hospital, or other health care facilities.
How can I Enroll?
In order to qualify, you must have Medicare and two or more qualifying chronic diseases. If you are interested in becoming enrolled in our Chronic Care Management program, please give us a call (719-438-2251; ask for Kourtney) or stop by today and we will provide you with the information you need to be a part of this new program.