Warning

JUser: :_load: Unable to load user with ID: 925

  • LIFESTYLES
  • The Thread Barons Will Take the Plains Theater Stage on Saturday
Threadbarons Live
Threadbarons Live

The Thread Barons Will Take the Plains Theater Stage on Saturday

By Betsy Barnett

2018-10-17 15:25:08

The Kiowa County Farm Bureau is presenting a benefit concert on Saturday, October 20th at the Plains Theater in Eads, Colorado with a special concert performance by The ThreadBarons, a band out of Denver.  In addition to the concert, a street party will take place on Maine Street in front of the Plains Theater.  The beer garden, Mexican food, Barbeque food, and a cornhole tournament will all begin at 4:00 pm.  The concert begins in the Plains Theater at 7:00 pm

Grab a partner and get ready for the Farm Bureau Cornhole Tournament taking place prior to the Benefit Concert. The pressure's on with this single elimination tournament. Entry fee for a team of two will be $10.00. All entry fees are due in cash at the gate. Matches start at 4:00 pm, with entries being taken until 4:30 pm on concert day. 20% of entries will go to the Kiowa County Farm Bureau. The first place team will receive 60% of the remaining pot and the second place team will receive the other 40%.

The ThreadBarons are Colorado's premier country-rock outfit. Their EP release, The ThreadBarons, showcases the band's mature songwriting - from the dark self-reflection of "Drowning Man" to the soulful twang of "12 Steps." The ThreadBarons truly shine in live performances. Drawing their influences from artists like Bob Dylan in his electric years and Wilco in their prime, The ThreadBarons blend classic rock sounds with a modern spin that will leave you breathless. If you want to find out more about this band go to their website at https://www.thethreadbarons.com.

Kiowa County Farm Bureau is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to promote, protect and represent the business, economic, social and educational interests of agricultural producers and residents in Kiowa County. Proceeds from this benefit concert will assist with the following organizations:  Kiowa County 4-H Council; Eads FFA; Kiowa County Fire Protection District; Colorado Foundation for Agriculture Ag in the Classroom & Summer Ag Institute; Colorado Farm Bureau Farm Safety & Ag in Motion Trailers and the Ronald McDonald House.

Get your tickets early and take $5 off the price.  Ticket options include dinner and the concert for $26 or just the concert for $16.  If you buy your tickets by Friday, October 19th those prices drop by $5.  You can buy tickets at Crow’s Stop & Shop, Plains Theater, Demitasse or Kiowa Healthmart.  You can also go online to https://kiowacountyfb.wixsite.com/benefit2018/about-event to purchase tickets.

Come rain or shine the party and the concert will take place.  If inclement weather is in the forecast the food and beer garden will be moved into the theater lobby and perhaps the senior center. 

Other News

Exciting New Housing Opportunities Coming to Ea...

| Betsy Barnett | News
Over the past few years there have been mentions of new housing projects that were designed to relieve the severe issue Eads and surrounding commun...

State Champions! Cheyenne Wells Gets that Elusi...

| Betsy Barnett | Sports
It was certainly a long time coming, but the Cheyenne Wells Tigers put everything together this year and pulled off a perfect season topping it off...

North Carolina State University PhD Student to ...

| Administrator | News
Drew W. Koch, DVM, MS, DACVS, a Ph.D. candidate and postdoctoral fellow at North Carolina State University College of Veterinary Medicine, will rec...

Wildcat Corner Represents Convergence of Entrep...

| Betsy Barnett | Business
It’s Taste Test Day in Kit Carson at the newly established business duly named Wildcat Corner located in the old Sage Brush Building (for us old-ti...

Eads Girls Will Have to Battle Through Early-Se...

| Betsy Barnett | Sports
The good news for the Eads Lady Eagles, eventually at least, is that Eads returns five key players to the basketball court this year—all who have h...
© 2016 Kiowa County Independent 1316 Maine Street P.O. Box 272 Eads, CO 81036 | 719.438.2040