IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:
• 2019 SPRING CROP CERTIFICATION DEADLINE – JULY 15th - call and schedule your appointment!
• COUNTY COMMITTEE NOMINATIONS - LAA 3 (west end) - August 1st deadline.
• OPERATORS: Visit the office to sign the CCC-633EZ LDP form for 2019 crops.
• FSA Farm Loan personnel in Eads Office – June 11th
• COC Meeting - TBD
• CRP Primary Nesting Season March 15th – July 15th.
Disclaimer: Information in this UPDATE is pertinent to Kiowa County FSA only. Producers reading this and that do not have FSA interest in Kiowa County are advised to contact their local FSA Office.
SPRING CERTIFICATION - REPORTING DEADLINE JULY 15th
Producers who have finished planting springs crops for 2019 harvest, please call or stop by the office and schedule an appointment to complete your certification. We ask that you do not wait until the deadline of July 15th, as the staff has other program areas and trainings to complete and also vacations scheduled.
The office will require the following information for acreage reporting.
• Crop planted – corn, grain sorghum, millet (proso or common), forage sorghum,
• Acreage planted – number of acres planted per field
• Plant date of the crop
• Intended use of the crop - most common is for grain, graze or forage.
• Crop share or cash lease - shares per farm. If cash leased, current cash lease will need to be on file.
2018 PROJECTED PRICE LOSS COVERAGE (PLC) RATES
The 2018 PLC rates for farms that elected PLC in the 2014 Farm Bill are listed below. The payments for 2018 will be issued in October 2019. Payments are issued to approved ARCPLC contracts to eligible producers; the computation to calculate a PLC payment for a farm is - 85% of commodity base acres x PLC farm yield x PLC final rate x share of crop x sequestration rate of 6.6% = payment
PLC rates as of June 11, 2019 –
Wheat – 30 cents/bu.
Barley - 35 cents/bu.
Oats – zero
Corn – 10 cents/bu.
Grain sorghum - 75 cents/bu.
Sunflowers - .029 cents/pound
Wheat, barley and oats marketing year ended May 31st, publishing date for final rate will be August 30th. Balance of crop marketing year ends August 31st, publishing date for will be September 27th with the exception of sunflowers as that date is November 27th.
Kiowa County FSA Committee
• Destiny Haase - LAA 2 – Central area – Committee Chairperson
• Sean Harkness – LAA 1 – East area – Committee Vice-Chairperson
• Michael Zimmerman – LAA3 – West area – Committee Regular Member
USDA SERVICE CENTER CONTACT INFORMATION
409 E Lowell Ave.
PO Box 188 – Eads, CO 81036
Telephone 719-438-5851 FSA (Ext 2), NRCS (Ext 3). FSA Fax number: fax2mail 844-332-7501
• Dawna Weirich – CED
• Charla Ferris – PT
• Hallie Barlow - PT
KIOWA COUNTY FARM LOAN CONTACT INFO – CALL FOR AN APPOINTMENT
Telephone 719-336-3437 (ext2)
SERVICE CENTER OFFICE HOURS:
Monday through Friday - 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Friday, by appointment only.
Visit website www.Farmers.gov for up to date information on the 2018 Farm Bill.
For information on programs visit our website located at www.fsa.usda.gov or like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter.
USDA is an equal opportunity employer.