IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:
• COUNTY FOR CRP EMERGENCY GRAZING THROUGH SEPTEMBER 30th
• CRP Emergency hayed bales – removed from field by September 15th
• MFP – Market Facilitation Program – SIGNUP DEADLINE January 15,2019
• Apply for Livestock Forage Program - Call office for appointment – SIGNUP DEADLINE DECEMBER 31, 2018
• NAP COVERAGE DEADLINE- December 1st, native grass
• FARM LOAN Personnel in Kiowa County Service Center – Tuesday, September 11th – CALL FOR AN APPOINTMENT
• FSA County Committee Meeting – TBA
• 2018 ARCPLC Enrollment deadline - September 30, 2018 _ EXTENSION RECEIVED
• Continuous CRP Grassland Signup 201 –Offers being accepted - $5.00 per acre rental rate
Disclaimer: Information in this UPDATE is pertinent to Kiowa County FSA only. Producers reading this and that do not have FSA interest in Kiowa County are advised to contact their local FSA Office.
MARKET FACILITATION PROGRAM
The FSA Office received training for the MFP program this past week. The producer side of the program is not a difficult process. The program is available for producers who have a crop share interest in the 2018 mechanically harvested production on the following commodities.
• Grain Sorghum
• Dairy – N/A Kiowa
• Hogs - number of live hog animals in ownership inventory as of August 1, 2018.
NOTE: The above-mentioned crops must have an intended use on the FSA-578, Report of Acreage of Grain or Seed to be eligible for MFP; other intended uses of silage, forage are NOT eligible for MFP. Intended uses cannot be changed after the acreage-reporting deadline, which was July 15th.
Acreage intended to be harvested as grain, but mechanically harvested as other than grain, are eligible for MFP and must be converted to grain basis.
• APPLYING FOR MFP
Producers must sign a CCC-910, Part D prior to the application deadline of January 15, 2019. Any CCC-910’s filed past the January 15 deadline will be disapproved. Part C of the CCC-910 is completed when the producer submits the production information for the harvested commodity. Producers may submit an application using any of the following methods:
o Email with a scanned or photocopy of CCC-910 attached
o Online through www.farmers.gov/MFP Requires Level 2 eauth account-
* see information below for creating a level 2 account.
FSA Offices nationwide are implementing this program using the Farmers.gov website; this is a new website for FSA employees so your patience is requested as the employees navigate through the new software. Producers with Level 2 authentication access can complete the application online. (See article below regarding Level 2 access).
Producers who have an interest in 2018-harvested wheat production and will have additional production of any fall-harvested commodity are urged to delay applying for MFP until ALL crop production is available to complete the MFP application. Producers with only 2018 harvested wheat production can complete an application. Sold or priced production is eligible for MFP. Producers can apply at any FSA office nationwide; however, the producers recording county will be responsible for completing the application and payment process. Only multiple county producers will have a designated recording county.
• PRODUCTION INFORMATION
Producers requesting an MFP payment may certify to their actual harvested production; however if selected for a spot check the producer must provide acceptable production evidence which must be both verifiable and reliable. Here in Kiowa County, we are requesting to submit your production evidence when completing the application, as it will save everyone time in the end. Below are the documents that are considered a source of acceptable production evidence.
MFP payments are NOT subject to sequestration. Producers will receive 100% of the computed payment.
MFP can potentially consist of two payment rates.
• The initial payment rate is effective September 4, 2018 and applies to the first 50% of actual production.
• The second payment rate (if determined necessary) will be announced December 3, 2018 and will apply to the remaining 50% of actual production.
The initial payment rate is as follows:
• Soybeans – 1.65 bushel
• Wheat – 0.14 bushel
• Grain sorghum – 0.86 bushel
• Corn – 0.01 bushel
• Hogs - $8.00 per head (number of head as of August 1, 2018)
To be considered eligible for MFP payment, producers must have filed the following forms for the 2018 production year:
• AD-1026 Highly erodible land conservation form
• CCC-902 Farm operating plan
• CCC-941 Adjusted Gross Income Certification
• FSA- 578 Report of crop acreage on file. N/A for hogs.
o NOTE: Late-filed acreage reports can be completed and must be approved by County Committee. Late-filed fees WILL NOT BE WAIVED.
CREATING USDA CUSTOMER LEVEL 2 eAUTH ACCOUNT
Producers with a computer and email account can create a Level 2 eauth account and can complete the MFP application online. Below are the instructions for requesting an account; as always producers with questions can contact the FSA Office for assistance.
STEP 1: Online Self-Registration Form Completion
• Go to https://www.eauth.usda.gov
• Click the “Create an Account” Option.
• Click the “Register for Level 2 Account” button. (IMPORTANT--make sure you select the Level 2 button)
• Complete online form.
o All fields are required, except Middle Initial and Home Phone
o User Name Requirements:
Length between 6-20 characters
Cannot begin or end with a period
The only special characters allowed are .-_@
o Password Requirements:
Length between 12-24 characters
Must contain at least 1 number, 1 uppercase letter, 1 lowercase letter, and 1 special character ! # $ - % = + : ; ? ~ *
Cannot be a dictionary word
o User creates a four-digit PIN for future reference
o User answers 4 security questions that can be used to reset password in the future.
• After submitting form, and verifying the information, you will receive an email to validate email address and activate account.
STEP 2: Validate Email and Activate eAuth Account
Watch for an email from eems.support with the subject, “eAuthentication: Action Required - Instructions to Activate Your USDA Account with Level 2 Access”.
Click the “ACTIVATE MY ACCOUNT” link in the email.
The USDA office will not be able to complete Step 3 until account has been activated.
STEP 3: In-Person Identity Proofing
Visit a USDA office to verify identity. Remember to bring a government-issued photo ID.
You will receive a confirmation email after identity is confirmed and your account is ready to use.
It’s been a cooler and in some areas a good week of moisture; a the monsoon moisture moves through. The Drought Monitor map expanded the D4 category in parts of SW Colorado. In Kiowa County a D2 and D1 category is designated. Below is the weather data through the month of August for the county.
2018 North of Haswell CoCoRAHS- SW of Galatea Eads NOAA Private – North of Brandon Sand Creek CO AG MET 3 miles east of Sheridan Lake
January 0 0.18 0.26 0.3 0.21 0.02
February 0 0.1 0.19 0.2 0 0.13
March 0.12 0.35 0.33 0.15 0.1 0.23
April 0.74 1.08 1.33 1.39 1.21 1.46
May 0.71 0.87 1.18 1.22 0.43 1.8
June 0.51 0.34 0.8 2.89 3.11 2.48
July 3.31 3.48 3.86 2.46 2.74 4.13
August 0.48 1.04 0.94 0.83 1.47 2.35
Kiowa County FSA Committee
• Destiny Haase - LAA 2 – Central area – Committee Chairperson
• Sean Harkness – LAA 1 – East area – Committee Vice-Chairperson
• Michael Zimmerman – LAA3 – West area – Committee Regular Member
USDA SERVICE CENTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Telephone 719-438-5851 FSA (Ext 2), NRCS (Ext 3). FSA Fax number: fax2mail 844-332-7501
KIOWA COUNTY FARM LOAN CONTACT INFO – CALL FOR AN APPOINTMENT
SERVICE CENTER OFFICE HOURS:
Monday through Friday - 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Friday, by appointment only.
For information on programs visit our website located at www.fsa.usda.gov or like us on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter.